Frequently Asked Questions1. What does a chiropractor do?
2. What education do chiropractors have?
3. How long will I have to keep going?
4. What types of conditions do chiropractors treat?
5. Is it affordable? Will my insurance cover it?
1. What does a chiropractor do?A doctor of chiropractic locates and removes small misalignments in the spinal column. These misalignments of the vertebrae, called "subluxations," cause spinal nerve stress and irritation to your whole nervous system. They obstruct the flow of nerve impulses throughout the body, impede the proper functioning of the body, and decrease quality of life by causing pain and stress. Since nerves run throughout the body from the spine, by adjusting the alignment of vertebrae, chiropractors can both restore range of motion in the spine as well as get the nerve impulses flowing to other organs in the body. All adjustments are unique. We draw from seven adjustment techniques in our clinic but all of them are accomplished by hand and none of them involve medication-it's a 100% natural science.
2. What education do chiropractors have?Chiropractors have a minimum of seven and a half years post-secondary education. At the end of the program, which includes both the hard sciences of anatomy, physiology, and biology as well as the philosophy of chiropractic, we are awarded the degree Doctor of Chiropractic. We master a whole range of techniques that we learn to adapt to each patient's individual needs.
3. How long will I have to keep going?Many patients originally come in for treatment for a specific problem, thinking that as soon as they start to feel better they will stop the treatment there. However, often people find the care so beneficial and the quality of life so improved that they choose to continue. In the end, it is always up to you to decide how long you want to reap the benefits of chiropractic care. We can tailor our treatments to your desires, schedule, and finances, gradually shifting the focus from specific subluxations to total maintenance of your healthy lifestyle.
4. What types of conditions do chiropractors treat?Chiropractors treat a wide variety of chronic and acute conditions including but not limited to: sciatica low back pain sprain/strains headaches neck pain carpal tunnel syndrome scoliosis whiplash torticollis herniated discs thoracic outlet syndrome shoulder and arm pain tennis elbow
5. Is it affordable? Will my insurance cover it?Almost all insurance companies have policies that cover chiropractic benefits. Since each plan has different levels of coverage and benefits, feel free to call us ahead of time to check how much your personal health insurance covers. We will be happy to check your personal insurance benefits and get back to you right away. Even if your insurance doesn't cover chiropractic care, no problem-many of our patients get treatment without insurance. We make chiropractic care very affordable, and we have flexible payment plan options to make sure you have access to the best care.